Celebrating 70 years of making art work for our community
The Art Project is the only nonprofit art gallery in Kitsap County that supports professional artists’ livelihoods through year-round exhibitions and sales, while also providing completely free art education and outreach to schools, seniors, and the healthcare community. We can’t bring all this arty goodness to Kitsap County without the support of people like you.
By donating to The Art Project, you support…
● K-12 student artists: who get a chance to exhibit art and develop their talent. Each year, we host two student shows and award three college scholarships to deserving high school seniors.
● Local art teachers, who get help obtaining much needed resources. Each year, we distribute $3,300 in grants to fill the gap in their supply and program budgets. We’d like to give them more!
● Seniors in retirement centers, who get access to free art education at their residences. Art After 60 serves 45 seniors per month at four centers, creating transformative opportunities for residents to socialize, share stories, and become artists.
● People in hospitals and treatment centers, who experience the healing power of art. Our Art Lending and Art in the Lobby programs take artwork and free art activities into healthcare settings, helping to ease stress and promote well-being.
● And last but not least: Artists! We represent 200 professional Northwest artists, who receive ongoing opportunities to show and sell their work in our gallery and through our monthly special exhibitions.
The Art Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and your donation is fully tax-deductible. Thank you for making this important work possible!